Young people can choose from more than 80 free courses in arts, sport, tech and life skills at top local venues, as Camden Summer University (CSU) returns. Course bookings are now live – don’t miss out on popular courses.
You can enrol if you're aged 13 to 19 and either live in Camden, go to a local state school or attend a local Council-run youth centre.
CSU, which runs from 25 July to 23 August, means you can stay safe, have fun, learn something new, make new friends and gain accreditations to put on your CV for work, an apprenticeship or university.
Camden Deputy Youth MP Asma Maloumi, 16, said:
"Camden Summer University is the perfect opportunity to work on your personal growth and skillset. It doesn't matter if you’re learning self-defence skills, animating a video or performing Shakespeare - Camden Summer University offers the opportunities that make you feel capable of anything."
There are more than 80 courses on offer this year, hosted by some of London’s biggest names.
- Explore the art of Ancient Egypt and the Japanese Manga Exhibition at the British Museum and make your own Egyptian artefacts and manga-inspired prints and stories or models
- Study acting and drama with the Royal Academy Of Dramatic Art or the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Create a 3D virtual reality world using specialist software
- Draw and paint at Central Saint Martins college of art
- Take part in an outdoor adventure by going coasteering in Dorset
- Learn to how fix motorbikes and spend a day off-road riding at a motocross track
- Take part in real business, design and architecture challenges with major British and international companies, including Ted Baker fashion, Conran Design Group, Heatherwick Studio or developers Lendlease and Argent
- Sign up for film-making, animation, pottery, photography, journalism, jewellery-making, fashion, scriptwriting, music, game design, cookery, basketball, kickboxing, dance, canoeing and much more.
Go to cmdn.co.uk to book you place now.